Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why Did Jesus Come Into the World?

Dear Readers -

As many of you already know, I started attending the 13 week study called, "The Truth Project" last Monday evening. The very first class was awesome!

I will be blogging about it over the course of the 13 week training. Then, I will conduct the course in my home so that others can reap the benefits!

Briefly, the first session opened up with two very relevant questions.

1. What is truth?
2. Why did Jesus come into the world?


The sessions are intended to take us on a worldview tour. I'm so excited about this!!!

I can see that it is already a tour of extraordinary worth!! It will present truth claims in logical order. When one turns and gazes upon the face of God - there is no doubt that we are deeply affected!

It was so interesting to hear the various answers given to that second question.

Jesus came to save us.

In John it tells us Jesus was born to fulfil the prophecies.

Jesus came to redeem us.

We desperately needed redemption.

Jesus came to save the world.

Now, these are all good answers - but they weren't the exact correct answer to complete the Scripture verse that our study leader was referring to in John 18:33-38.

The answer is that Jesus came to testify to the truth.

Truth was on trial.

How many times did our Lord say, "I tell you the truth" in Scripture?

How many times did he say, "Truly, truly..." to emphasize a point?

Twenty-Five times!

What is so obvious about the combined evils of our day is the fact that they ALL resist the call to discover the Truth which can only be found in God's Word.

Such truth brings forth our need for acknowledgment of, and repentance for, sin.

It is THEN, and only then where we are cleansed of our sin in order to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior into our hearts.

There are many, many deceptions floating around in the world that keep unredeemed men in bondage. Thus, such bondage keeps them from experiencing Jesus' goal for us sinners - that being -

To set the (us) captives free!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Maryb said...

Hi I came across your blog when I was linking to left behind blogs. this looks like a great blog I will check it out more often, if you don't mind i would like to link it from my blog

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

We'll be praying for your perseverance in posting reviews for the Truth Project.

We (about 12 of us) went through the DVD's on a weekly basis and were tremendously blessed by much of it.

One major warning: beware of the Jesuits. Toward the end of the sessions they fly in Fr. Robert Sirico as an expert in morals, ethics, culture, etc. This Roman Catholic and founder of the Acton Institute denies the gospel of grace, yet he is featured as an expert representing the Christian Worldview.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Christinewjc said...

Hi Maryb,

Thanks for your comment. You are welcome to link to this blog.

After attending two awesome presentations of "The Truth Project," I was, unfortunately, forced to place further attendance on hold. Various family obligations prevented me from continuing. However, I hope to re-join the group this Monday night and view the videos of the lessons that I had missed.

I also have a blog called "Talk Wisdom" where I usually post 4 to 7blog posts per week. Perhaps you might like to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Christine

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Christinewjc said...

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your prayers. I need them! As you can see, I needed to place my attendance and reviews on hold over the past several weeks. I will return to the sessions this Monday night.

What did you mean by "they fly in Father Sirico?" Is this done via the videos? Seems a bit odd that they would include someone who denies the gospel of grace. Perhaps they just included him because of his skill and knowledge in the area discussed at the time? I will need to look into this further. Thanks for the tip. These days, we cannot be too careful. There is plenty of heresy floating around within Christian circles. Those who are not born again and/or do not know the Scriptures very well can be easily deceived.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hello, Christine.

I ran across your blog through another link someone sent me.

I am Russ and I have two theology related blogs and I am always looking for links.

Thank you,

Russ:)

thekingpin68

satire and theology

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'Liberals don't welcome dialogue'

A good point, this is often true, I have been through this myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home